Sunday, April 7, 2024

Meet The New Rider #1194 Mike Womack


Hello, I am Mike Womack Rider# 1194 . All my riding buddies know me as “Bubba”. I am a native Texan born in Galveston Texas but raised in the Conroe/Willis area. I have been riding motorcycles all my life. My Father was an avid rider of Harley Davidsons and I started riding with him at a very early age. I am
fortunate to have ridden all the lower 48 states, the majority of the top scenic byways of America, most
of the National Parks, several Canadian Provinces and even areas of Mexico. My wife (Sherrie) started
riding with me in 2006 (She rides her own CVO Street Glide) and we have enjoyed many trips together.
Sherrie and I have enjoyed the camaraderie of riding groups through HOG chapters and people we have
met “on the road”. Many of the friendships I can only attribute to sharing the asphalt together!


During our journeys we have had the occasion to run across Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge riders.
Fortunately they were open to our curiosity and explained HHMC to us. In addition over the last few years I have had some close friends and riding companions take on the challenge and share with me the “rush” of the ride. It has been a burning flame in my heart to take the challenge and that flame has turned into a roaring inferno over the last few years. After talking with riders (such as Wrong Way) I made the decision to sign up and take the challenge myself. I can’t let them have all the fun!!! LOL!

 

My nephew (Ben Ballard) was diagnosed with Dent’s Disease several years ago. Dent’s Disease is a rare
genetic Kidney disorder characterized by increased levels of calcium and protein in the urine, kidney
calcification, recurrent episodes of kidney stones and chronic kidney disease. Ben was seventeen when
we were first told his kidney function was getting worse despite all efforts. At age 25 Ben was told he
would need a transplant. HELP HOPE LIVE  is a 501C nonprofit benefiting the South-Central US Transplant Fund. They help with
expenses not covered by insurance on Kidney Transplants. Family and Friends have rallied behind Ben,
and I am donating all my fund-raising dollars to HELP HOPE LIVE on behalf of Ben.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment