Sunday, August 2, 2020

Meet The New Rider Richard Smoot # 1016



Richard "Griz" Smoot  I'm a semi retired contractor of 44 years, spent my entire career in the building construction industry. 

My first ride was at 12 YO on a Honda 70 and I have never stopped.

Current traveler is a 2013 Road Glide Custom that I bought very lightly used in 2017 and immediately left on a 3 week trip out west to ride the mountains of Colorado. I'm currently in the bike hoarders protection program as I seem to never let one go! Emoji

I was fortunate enough to make the cut for the 2020 Hoka Hey ride and look forward to meeting the challenge with 2 other riders I have had the privilege to meet in the last year and all the 2020 participants. 

One of my longtime sayings is "You wake up with  the nicest people under a bridge after an all night storm". I developed it in the early 80's when I was traveling from Ohio to Virginia Beach on my 1981 Yamaha SECA 750 to visit my brother and friends that were stationed there .  This was generally a twice a month weekend trip during spring summer and fall. 

One of my greatest blessings has been to become involved in motorcycle drag racing. I've been so very fortunate to meet and become involved with some of the greatest competitors as well as friends through this sport. Having worked with and on some of the fastest motorcycles on earth and the people that race them. 
I've traveled many many miles on 2 wheels and my fondest memories seem to be associated with this travel and the people I've met along the way! I've attached a few photos that speak much better than I can of those memories!

Griz
Hoka Hey
 #1016

No comments:

Post a Comment