Saturday, August 8, 2020

Meet The New Rider Cheyenne Beatty # 1027


My name is Cheyenne Beatty, Hoka Hey rider 1027, from Owenton, Ky.  I’m pretty laid back and easygoing so some of my motorcycling friends call me “Easy”. I’m 52 years old. I have been married for 19 years. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. I’ve been riding motorcycles for over 20 years. I love seeing Gods creation while riding long distances on my bike. I ride 10 to 15,000 miles a year usually incorporating Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. I have one Iron Butt certification and one pending approval. IBA72997. Other than riding, my interests are: God, Family and any outdoor adventures.
I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in 2009, when I rode to Key West, FL. I stopped at a Harley Davidson dealership where, I saw a man laying out his HH patches on a vest. I’m always up for a challenge or new adventure. As soon as I got home, I started researching the Challenge. I even completed an application! Then life happened, and it just didn’t work out. My job is extremely busy in June and July, so the timing didn’t work out for me to be able to participate in subsequent Challenges. In 2015, I was able to participate in the Memorial Ride. Getting to meet some of the riders and organizers was great! More than 100 riders riding as one group over 500 miles into the Black Hills of South Dakota! Then, I heard it was in August in 2020 and started getting things organized so that I could try to participate. So far, things have fallen into place very well. I am supporting two charities that are important to me, Rolling Thunder Ky 5 of which I am a member, so I see exactly how the money is used for both POW/MIA recovery/awareness and veteran’s assistance. I am also supporting Beka’s Toppers and hope to gain sponsors soon.




Rolling Thunder Ky5 on Facebook

Beka’s Toppers Inc on Facebook


On August 9, 2020, I will set out on the journey of a lifetime, the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge 2020.
The Challenge is, 10,000 miles in 10-14 days on a prescribed route, no gps, no interstates and sleeping within arm’s reach of your motorcycle (no hotels). Think of Amazing Race paired with The Cannonball Run and camping. I have been wanting to attempt this challenge since I first heard about it in 2009. Since then life has gotten in the way until now. Last year I completed my first Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 and recently completed an in the state Saddle Sore 1000. Those are both 1000 miles in less than 24 hours. My Iron Butt number is 72997.  I have also ridden to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota ten times, Key West, FL, 31 states, Washington DC and Canada. Long distance motorcycling is my passion. I love to experience God’s creation from the saddle of my bike. I will be riding for 2 charities, Beka’s Toppers and Rolling Thunder Ky 5. Both charities mean a lot to me and I can see exactly where the money is going unlike some of the larger national charities. Please consider partnering with me to support them in two ways; first, you can pledge a monetary amount for each mile I ride, an example would be $.01 per mile would be approximately $100 if/when I complete the challenge. Another way we can support them together would be simply to pledge a fixed dollar amount donation. No amount is too small or too large. Please note on your donation, Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge, Cheyenne Beatty 1027. You can follow me and my journey on Facebook. Please share and share again. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment