Friday, August 7, 2020

Meet The New Rider Craig Watters # 1025

Hi everyone, I am new HHMC rider #1025 (Craig Watters) from Chatham, Ontario Canada. When asked the question What do you do when you are not riding? Well that is easy, I work, yes,I have a JOB, a 40 hour a week job. When I’m not working or riding, I love to entertain. Hanging out with family and friends is important to me and it is usually, over some great food and drink. Conversations may go into the wee hours of the night talking about past bike trips,looking over old pictures. This is where most of our planning for future outings or vacations become a reality. When not working, riding, or entertaining you can bet that I have my next life experience already planned.
 


 I became aware of the HHMC back in 2015 while working for Harley Davidson. My boss John Ibbitson rider # 640 told me about this challenge he participated in back,in 2011. After listening to his adventure riding from Arizona to the Canadian East Coast and how he did it old school (no GPS, no Hotels) I was hooked.
 
I started following the HHMC web page, I would love to read all about how riders would prepare, how the new riders made out and what they would do differently, how riders dealt with weather, breakdowns and accidents.I could not get enough and imagined what I would do in each situation.Every rider seemed to get something different and personal out of this challenge, every rider knew entering the HHMC that it would be mentally and physically demanding. Not only that I am accepted into the HHMC, I am accepted into a new family of riders and I just hope that I won’t be too much of the runt, being Canadian and all.
 




 I must remember that:
 -$1.45 Canadian = $1.00 U.S. 
-1.6 kilometer = 1 mile 
-20 Celsius = 70 Fahrenheit 
 -3.79 Litres = 1 Gallon 
 Can’t wait to meet everyone in PCB! 
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment