Monday, August 3, 2020

Meet The New Rider Lance Corley # 1017

  I’ve been riding motor cycles since 1973 but relatively new to the endurance side of it.  I discovered IBA in 2016 and that opened my eyes to a non ending list of challenges that has changed my life.  Being from the lake effect snow belt I have a short riding season so the winter is used for maintenance and to get in a mid winter cruise to somewhere warm. 

 I want to ride the Hoka Hey as a ratchet up of the challenge level to the endurance riding that I’ve been doing for a few years now.  I am confident that Hoka Hey will provide that challenge by sending me to places I would never think of on my own and by keeping me to a strict enough timetable over a long period of time to make me work for it.  The best advise that I’ve been given is to stay alert, stay hydrated, and feed myself, which I have a tendency not to do on shorter time frame rides.
 The major obstacle that I have overcome in gaining this experience nearly kept me from riding at all.  I had a bad accident in 2017 in which I had to make some serious demands to keep them from amputating my left leg.  It took a year and 5 surgeries to get where I could walk again during which time my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and passed away.  I was in a mental dark place for awhile but replaced my bike with a new one and got back on the horse.  For those who know there is no better therapy than to be alone with your thoughts in the wind.

  So my bride rides with me and ride to make a difference in the lives of those with pancreatic cancer and their families by collecting money for the Pancreatic Cancer Network


No comments:

Post a Comment