Monday, August 3, 2020

Meet The New Rider Andy Norrie #1018

Hello everyone, my name is Andy Norrie (Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge Rider # 1018) and I live just outside Toronto Canada and have been riding for 40 of my 54 years. I have been a follower and fan of the Hoka Hey Challenge for about 8 years.  The timing has aligned for me to take on this epic challenge. 

I have just retired from a 35 year year career in law enforcement where I was fortunate enough to be involved in police motorcycle operations.  My last year in my policing career was spent embedded with the International Military Coalition in Baghdad Iraq as part of Operation Inherent Resolve. 
In the last few years I have embarked on pursuing more adventuresome rides like riding to destinations like Waskaganish on James Bay and Yellowknife in the North West Territories. You will likely pick me out pretty quickly as I will be one of the rare riders not riding a cruiser motorcycle. My ride will be a 2009 Buell Ulysses. 

I believe in a personal philosophy of life learning and enrichment through physical, emotional and psychological challenges that push us outside of comfort zone. I have been fortunate to successfully complete a marathon race and summit Mount Kilimanjaro in this life quest.  I have learned a lot about myself and the world in the process. The Hoka Hey Challenge is a perfect fit for my next effort. 

My personal values of respect, honour, integrity and compassion align with those of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge . I strive to leave the people and places I encounter in the world a little better than when I found them. 

I feel fortunate to belong to the motorcycle community and honoured to be among those that have risen to take on the HHMC.  I look forward to meeting and bonding with my fellow challengers. 

I have been fortunate to have completed my career in policing but many of my colleagues have made the ultimate sacrifice in the performance of their duty.  For that reason my fundraising charity will be the Ontario Police Memorial Foundation
which maintains a Wall of Honour with the names of all known fallen officers inscribed upon it.  I further dedicate my HHMC ride to the 32 police motorcycle officers who’s names are memorialized on the wall.




I have secured the support of the following companies, without whom this quest would not be possible:
Motolight.com
Twinpegs.no
Stpaulhd.com
Aagaardmotofoundry.bigcartel.com
Markhamoutdoorpower.com
I have heard the call! Hoka Hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment