Friday, May 20, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1080 Rob Lunn

 


I grew up in Minnesota and started riding when I was 15. My first motorcycle was a Yamaha Twin 100 that I bought from a friend without my parent’s knowledge. I didn’t even know how to shift gears but learned pretty quickly before I drove through a red light. I rode Hondas for many years after that taking trips with friends all over Minnesota. My last Honda was a 1977 CB 750 four which I kept on the road until 2006. It was a workhorse for me. After moving to Vermont in the early 80s’ I rode those winding mountain roads of New England for thousands of miles.

In 2013 I bought my first Harley, a Road King, and joined the local HOG Chapter riding all over New England. In 2015 I bought my first CVO. My CVO whom I called Red, took me all over New England and the east coast. After raising a family and putting my kids through college I started to plan what I wanted to do with my life to go somewhere where could ride more than in the short riding season in Vermont. I now live (I should say I am retired) in Santa Fe, New Mexico where I can ride year-round and still ski in the winter. (I am a National Ski Patroller) I now own a 2020 CVO and I’ve ridden all over New Mexico, made multiple trips to Arizona, Colorado, and Utah, been to Sturgis, and to Texas which included a HOG Posse ride from El Paso to the Canadian border in Montana this past summer along to other points in the South-West.

I have a longtime Harley friend who has ridden the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge twice. We’ve logged many miles together including a 24-hour 1000-mile loop of New Mexico and a mini-Hoka Hey of 475 miles set up through our local dealership. It was because of this friendship I learned about the Hoka Hey and she encouraged to take on the Challenge. I attended the Rendezvous in Sequin Texas in May of 2021 and met and rode miles with many great new friends I met. I am looking forward to the 2022 challenge, seeing new sights and meeting more Hoka Hey family. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment