Thursday, March 29, 2018

Meet the Board: Risk Management Officer;John Levins, Rider #735

Father of Abigail Jane Levins and motorcycle enthusiast. I also serve as risk management officer on the board of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. My Hoka Hey family journey started in 2012. The same year I lost my Father. August 5th I found myself on the starting line of the 3rd Annual HHMC in sunny Las Vegas, Nevada. Just three months after my Father's passing and boy did I need this escape from reality.

Standing by my side was my brother from another mother Eric Buskell rider # 733. We have been friends for over 30 yrs. This morning would change my life forever. We would be riding for 13 days nonstop. Over those 13 days I had quite a few deep spiritual events.

On a Hoka Hey high I decided to ride the 2014 event as well. This ride I would find myself riding through British Columbia where I hit a deer at about 70 mph. Not good for me or the deer, landing myself in the hospital in BC. Once I was stabilized I was flown to Spokane, Washington where I received 1st class care at Sacred Heart Hospital of Spokane Valley.

The Hoka Hey family has become my family. Jim Red Cloud took me as his son after I lost my biological father. He said I was one of the lost boys.  The passing of Big Jim Red Cloud has really hurt because I feel like I have lost two fathers. He was a great mentor to me. I will be riding the 2018 TSAATU-NATSU Good Medicine challenge in his honor. Remembering him as a mentor, brother and Father.

See y'all in Medicine Park, Oklahoma for the adventure of a lifetime!




No comments:

Post a Comment