Saturday, March 24, 2018

Meet the Board: Beth Durham Director of Operations




I was born in Ft. Sill, OK and was not only an “Army Brat” but a “Preacher’s Kid” and finally a “Shrink’s Daughter”!  Some might think this meant I was nothing but trouble my whole life but, what it really means is that I am “STRONG!" 

          I started riding motorcycles when I was 16 years old and have either been in the saddle or on the back ever since.  I met the love of my life, Jim Red Cloud, when I was just 19 years old and the two of us made a great team.  Through the years, we owned several businesses, along with real estate investments and other ventures.  Jim and I are both proud Navy veterans; he served from ’73 to ’75 and I served from ’92 to ’98.  Jim was also and artist and created some truly amazing pieces of work.  His creativity and drive knew no bounds and it brought us many amazing things and took us to many amazing places in our life together.

          Still, there are very few things that we did together that could rival the creation and promotion of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge.  This event is the result of Jim’s inspiration and my determination.  I’ve always known that hard work and perseverance is necessary in order to get by in this world and the HHMC has demanded that of both it’s riders as well as its founders!!

          Since Jim passed away this last summer, I have had to rely on every ounce of strength and determination I could muster.  Still…  In my weaker moments, it has been my family – both my biological family and my Hoka Hey family – that has carried me through.

That, and the memory of Jim’s own words; “HOKA HEY…  Every day is a good day to die if you live your life well.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment