Thursday, May 2, 2024

Meet The Rider # 305 Kerry Nelson



My name is Kerry Nelson. I live in Sugar Land, TX, just outside of Houston. My finisher coin says that I was rider #305 in the 2010 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I’m a retired Lutheran minister. My wife and I have four kids and three grandkids. She is a very supportive and understanding woman.


I entered the first challenge because…it was a challenge. And yes, it changed my life. I came home determined to seek a new job. I basically quit leading group rides and predominantly started riding by myself. And I started doing more motorcycle camping and all the long distance challenges the IBA sanctions that fit my schedule and tiny budget.

I’m riding in 2024 specifically to retrace the old route. I want to see those places again, especially now that I’m more prepared to have a great time. I’m not raising money for charity – although I respect all of you who are – because I spent my entire career asking people for money (see above) and I’m retired from that. See you all in August.


No comments:

Post a Comment