Monday, March 28, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 907 Ken Soft Serv Cowart

 


This will be my 3rd Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge.  I was able to finish in 2018 after having an engine blowup and spending 3 days at Taboo Harley Davidson in Alexandria, LA.  I missed the end of the road party by only a few hours. In 2020 I had an accident with fellow Hoka Hey rider Kenneth Andrews.  This was definitely one of the worst experiences of my life.  I relive that moment often and still have not figured out how it happened other than I had a momentary loss of concentration. Thankfully, we both have recovered and are riding again in 2022.  Unfinished business!

The Hoka Hey sends us down some challenging routes and I’ve never been afraid to ride new and challenging roads.  The Hoka Hey just confirmed that I can do anything!  I really think the absolutely best advice for new riders is ride your own ride and know that whatever plan you think you have, it will change on the road and you will change along with it!  For me, it’s funny that now as I’m out on the road, I look at places and think “Hmmm, that would be a good place to sleep for the night”

 

Family and friends have been super supportive, but understandably worried at the same time.  The tracking of Fleet Tracker does ease their worries some.  When stopped for the night, I try to remember to send a text letting them know that I’ll be resting for a few hours.

 

My chosen charity is The Special Olympics in honor of my sister Debbie.  She was a participant for many years until she passed in 2014.  The hardest thing about fundraising for me is finding the time to do events for the fundraising.  Facebook is a great tool to get the word out and I have used their charity donation feature with lots of success.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment