Monday, March 28, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1013 Andy Dennis


 My name is Andy Dennis, I've been riding two wheels attached to an engine since I was about 7 years old. My dad got me into riding dirt bikes in the field near our house. I continued my love of riding and slowly worked my way up to bigger bikes then finally making the leap to a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic.   I've continued the riding tradition by instilling the love of it with my two sons. We frequently go on lengthy ride through the bush on the snowmobile trails. 

After buying the Ultra I began looking into longer distance rides, Boston, NYC and Chicago to name a few. I found I enjoyed the long stretches of riding and expanded my trips to eventually riding across the country. 
My father and I had planned on doing some long distance riding together and that is how I came across the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I read everything I could find on it and was very impressed with everything I saw. The plan was to ride together but unfortunately I wasn't meant to be. A cancer diagnosis that eventually took his life ended that possibility. I committed myself to working at riding the Hoka Hey.
Originally, I was going to be riding and raising money for men's cancers however that changed in 2021. I felt with all the attention finally being brought to the survivors of Canada's Residential Schools it was more fitting to focus my efforts on helping First Nations Youth. I am now working with members of the Nishnawbe Aski Nation to do just that. 
I'm looking forward to meeting the riders of Hoka Hey and listening to their stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment