Saturday, March 19, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 973 Mike Hall

 


 This is my first time to ride in the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I was previously accepted to ride in the 2020 Challenge but Covid and life events resulted in not being able to ride - so this year I’m back to ride the Challenge for the first time.

 I’ve had a passion to ride since Then Came Bronson (some of you will relate) and a bit of the wanderlust as I traveled with Ringling Brothers Circus before joining the US Navy. The circus and what I got from that life experience, directly impacts my outlook on the HHMC. The circus drilled into me the values of hard work, team work, and the family spirit of accomplishment.I expect the HHMC to challenge me and to challenge me in ways that I don’t anticipate. I expect to roll through it and face the challenges to get to the end, the finish.

 I’m a somewhat accomplished rider having ridden in multiple long distance rallies, including the 2021 Iron Butt Rally, and have completed over 50 certified IBA rides. The ability to ride won’t be an issue, the challenge will be that of a mental and spiritual nature... it’s not often these days that I’m sleeping with the bike - that was a long time ago for me... so HHMC will take me back to some days of yore and hopefully reacquaint me with parts of me that haven’t been close to the surface for a while. 

 My wife and I have chosen the St. Judes Children's Research Hospital because of the phenomenal work they do to ease families of the burden associated with children who are stricken with traumatic illnesses by removing the monetary burden they would otherwise be crushed by.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment