Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 383 Junie Rose


Hoka Hey # 9 WOW! The rider who showed up in Key West, FL. with one breast and no hair is a different person/ rider then the one I am today. Having no idea what to expect I was not prepared to read driving directions all the way to Alaska. Sitting on a ziplock bag containing said directions I proceeded to go like a bat out of hell across the bridges to the mainland in pursuit of that GOLD! Little did I know the gold I was going to find was so much more valuable then the gold everyone was chasing that Father's day morning in 2010. 

Fast forward 12 years to 2022 I am now the Director of rider relations for an event that was supposed to be a "ONE AND DONE!" event. What a great job to be the first to interview potential riders. So many great stories of what they think it's going to take to reach the finish line. Fortunately I do know a little about perseverance. Not knowing the route in advance I feel is important so although I am on the board I don't peek. 

This country has so many amazing places to see and experience. The Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge has taken us across plains and mountains, coastal lands and rivers and lakes. Rural America at it's highest and lowest. Ghost towns with the only evidence of people is what they left behind. Like the cancer that started all this for me my body is showing its age and the long term effects of things we are exposed to everyday. 
 
Each rider plays an intricate part of the dream Jim Red Cloud had in sending a thousand warriors across the country sharing the needs of others. For some reason that dream included motorcycles and like minded motorcycle people. Without them the task would become to much, But "If everyone does a little a lot gets done." 

No comments:

Post a Comment