Thursday, March 31, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1032 James Coyle

 


My name is James Coyle, AKA Road Runner to my brothers of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club. I have lived in New Hampshire for the last 20 years with my wife and our two children (ages 18 and 16). For the past 8 years, we have owned and operated Blackbird Market and Deli in our hometown. If I’m not working or riding, I’m usually trying to raise my two teenagers, who clearly have learned everything in life and are telling me how things are going to be.

I’ve been following the journey of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge since 2016 and have been amazed by the accomplishments of the riders involved in the challenge. I’ve been building my riding experience for the last 10 years and have finally worked up the courage this year to sign up. While I have ridden in all the 48 continental states, I’m looking forward to seeing and riding through places I never could have dream t. Riding for Mile Monsters Inc. and helping kids have a better life just makes this challenge all that more important to me.

My top expectation for the 2022 challenge is to finish the race, somewhere between first and last. To go into this challenge with any expectations of finishing a certain place would be ridiculous. Every person I’ve talked to about their experience in HHMC vary from person to person and they all had different goals and expectations, so I imagine that during this challenge I will start to hate riding a motorcycle for days and days, hate sleeping on the ground, hate myself and wonder why I thought this challenge would be fun. Just kidding. In addition to seeing parts of the country most people can only dream about or see in books, I am hoping the experiences helps me grow and positively change my outlook on life.

I expect that the biggest obstacle for a new rider in HHMC is trying to get out of their own head. This ride will be like a meditation retreat to allow me to unplug from the world. In life, we tend to worry and dwell on things we have never done. We think they will be big hurdles too hard to run over. The only way to overcome these mental obstacles is to just face them head on and do them. I can guess how things are going to work on the road, but until I get out there and try, I must look at these obstacles with a positive attitude. I cannot think about whether I will succeed or fail because whatever the outcome, if I keep an open mind, I will grow and become a better rider and person. I truly look forward to this adventure and can’t wait to make lifelong memories with new friends and ride away with great stories.

Thank you, Road Runner,

HHMC 1032


 

No comments:

Post a Comment