Thursday, March 24, 2022

Meet The Returning Rider # 215 Kelly Cook


 I have ridden one , the first, back in 2010. That journey to Alaska 12 years ago, deeply changed me.  The experience of the Hoka Hey facilitated some of the most intense psychological, spiritual and personal growth moments that I have ever had. Many of those transformations happened because of the amazing community of riders on the journey. I experienced changes in riding style, survival skills and attitude.I want to ride again in this years challenge because I am seeking a spiritual deep dive. There is only one way I know how to connect with the deepest part of myself, and that is on two wheels for a really long time with insane directions and no sleep and raising money for charity alongside other like Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge  minded people.I have not settled on a charity yet, there are so many amazing organizations that it has been difficult to choose. I feel incredibly supported by my family as I prepare for this journey. Regarding advice that would help new challengers……”The journey is the test, the destination is the place to rest” (Stolen from someone I met on the first Hoka Hey!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment