Monday, March 21, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 981 Henry Lecomte


Henry is form Ste Anne Manitoba which is close to the center of Canada on the Trans Canada Highway.  I heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from Jimmy Milas, rider #848 and it tweaked my interest. I was supposed to do the challenge in 2020 but due to Covid 19 the border was closed. The border is now open and hopefully will remain open.

 The weather and work I like to get out and ride as much as possible. With Covid here I did most of my riding in Manitoba which enabled me to see parts of the province that I hadn’t seen or paid much attention to. I enjoy getting on my bike and just twisting the throttle and going somewhere. The idea of seeing places off the beaten path on this challenge is part of the incentive to do it. When you come over a hill and the view takes your breath away is something one always remembers and you meet the best people when you travel on 2 wheels.

I have a welding business at home and was a member of the Boilermakers Local 555 for 16 years. I am a member of the Pipefitters Local 254 now. I enjoy hunting and fishing, mostly when riding season is over. In the winter months I also enjoy forging knives.

My goal is to complete the challenge and hopefully its in the cards to do a couple more!


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment