Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Meet The New Rider # 1099 Kimberly Walling

 


My name is Kimberly Walling. Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge rider #1099 from Houston TX Road name is Twister. Earned from my close encounter with a tornado during the Heart of Texas 2021 Rally. I’ve been riding for just over 4 years and loving it. I love riding to go see new things. I love hearing stories from other riders and seeing their adventures and putting it on my to do list to go see in person myself. Just love it. I work a corporate 40 hours a week job, so I try to spend all my extra (weekend) time out on the road. My interest other than riding would be any other traveling. By boat or plane. So many places to see. I also love hanging with my favorite roommate, my Maltipoo, Cross 

 

 I heard about the Hoka Hey though my friend Chris Hopper. While he was participating in the 2020 Hoka Hey, I was obsessed with all things Hoka Hey. I read everything on the website, followed the Facebook post and stalked the tracker. Me and a group of friends rode to Florida for the end of the road party. That’s when the energy really grabs you. After that you can’t stop thinking about it. With a slight push from Hop I submitted my application and looking forward to this wild ride ahead of me. I like challenges but sometimes we need a little push to get out of our comfort zones. All he had to say is if you don’t sign up, you are going to regret for the next 2 years and then I took the bait

 

 My goal would be to make the end of the road party but will be happy to stay on course and finish before my corporate job decides to fire me for being gone so long. I want to be able to wear those patches around town and talk about my experience and get others excited about this challenge. 

 

 Best advice I have been given would be ride your ride. Find that inner strength and keeping moving

 

 Some of the obstacles I have in my head is where to sleep safely and where to shower. I have a feeling I might smell pretty bad at the end, but it will be all worth it.  

 

 I will be raising money for the Mile Monsters Inc. – Ride 4 Others


 

No comments:

Post a Comment