Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Meet The Rider Capt. Bob Terrell # 738


Well Long story short, I rode the 2012 Hoka Hey Challenge, with a 3 day, 2,510 mile "warm up" ride from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada, for the start.
That 2012 "Hoka Hey" turned out to be an experience of a lifetime, Thus the beginning of getting hooked on a great adventure.
The idea of riding an "iron horse" across the nation, no matter the weather, for a cause is the best reason ever to ride. 
To conquer such a distance in an allotted time, using back roads you would never think of riding, following specified directions, not speeding and sleeping next to your 
"iron horse" like a modern day warrior, is most intriguing and certainly a CHALLENGE!

As stated, I'm a returning rider since 2012, for a couple of years acting as a voluntary promoter, due to loving this challenge, I attended HOG meetings and rallies inn several southern states and let loose with much of the aforementioned.
Unfortunately unable to overcome obstacles such as "not so compliant employer" any longer, I have only ridden 2012., but was fortunate enough to make the the 2015 Memorial Ride, in it's own right an impressive ride, to say the least, 120+ Hoka Hey Riders, in safe perfect order,  rode for 500 miles, then parading down Main Street, during Sturgis Bike week, was quite an honor and memorable experience. 
An Interstate accident with a cage, in 2016 put me out of commission for a couple years, totaling my bike and almost me.
My favorite part of the challenge is a tough choice, the meeting of the riders at the start, the party at the end are favorites. but I have to say the ride is the nucleus.
The toughest part of the challenge was to meet my personal goals of averaging 1000 miles each 24 hours. 
Since my becoming a Hoke Hey Rider, I've convinced a dozen riders to participate and several of them have ridden more than one "Hoka Hey" Challenge since.
I'm not sure whom my Non-profit  will be at this time...still in the works.
I am so looking forward to 2020 Challenge...hope to see whomever reads this there, be sure to say hello. HOKA HEY!


No comments:

Post a Comment