Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hoka Hey Girl to ride for Team Rocky Mount!



Rocky Mount Harley-Davidson, one of Harley-Davidson's premier dealers in the Southeast Region, is proud to be a participating sponsor for the 2011 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge.  The Hoka Hey to us is one of the greatest American challenges that have ever been attempted and we are proud to be a part of it.

    Because of the strategic geographic location of Rocky Mount Harley-Davidson's state-of-the-art modern facility, which is almost at the intersection of Interstate 95 and U.S. highway 64, the organizers of the 2011 challenge wanted RMHD to be one of only 15 checkpoints in the challenge.

    Rocky Mount Harley-Davidson is proud to also be sponsoring Miss Hoka Hey, Whittany Crum, to be riding for "Team Rocky Mount Harley-Davidson" in this year's challenge.  Along with providing Ms. Crum with a Rocky Mount Harley-Davidson motorcycle we will also be providing other logistical support for her. Whittany Crum, in our view, is a great representative of young female riders in the Harley-Davidson industry an we welcome her as part of our rider family.


Name: Whittany Crum
Age: 23
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 145
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Interests: Hiking, Horse back riding, Cooking, Fishing, and most importantly Riding Harleys!


Growing up in Florida you might think I would wind up being a beach baby but I have always preferred the thump of an engine to the roar of the surf.  Don't get me wrong, I'll ride anything (including a surfboard) but there is something about the open road... the places you can go, the sights you can see and the people that you meet on a Harley.  Nothing else compares.

I started out riding dirt bikes when I was in middle school; hitting the trails as often as I could. Then, the magical moment when I rode on the back of a Harley-Davidson for the first time.  I'll never forget it - I was 14 years old and the destination was a winding beach road.  I was hooked.  I started my rebellion against all things conventional right then and there - starting with my step-father's Gold Wing.  He would invite me to go along with him from time to time but, ever since that ride on the H-D; I didn't want to be caught on the back of any thing else. So, I did what any teenager would do and I lied.  I came up with every excuse why I couldn't go with him because nothing could compare to the look and sound of that Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Fast forwarding to when I was 21; I got a call from Big Jim telling me of this endurance ride he had dreamed up with called the Hoka Hey.  I fell in love with the idea and after several conversations over the phone with Jim & Beth, I soon found myself flying to Las Vegas to do my first show as Miss Hoka Hey.  Over the past two years now, I've travelled all over the US going to bike events and visiting Harley dealers to spread the word about Hoka Hey.  I feel that I am truly blessed to have this job and to say I love my work would be an understatement.

I watched from the sidelines as the first Challenge roared into history but this time I'm going to be on the line with a thousand other riders.  Ready to embark on the greatest long distance endrance ride with with leathers, accessories and a 2011 pearl white Street Glide provided by Rocky Mount Harley-Davidson.  Besides being one of our 15 checkpoints and a phenominal supporter of the Hoka Hey, Rocky Mount H-D is also going to be my sponsor!!  

So, I'll see you all on August 5th in Mesa, AZ when the members of Team Rocky Mount H-D bring it to the starting line!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow way to go Whittney, that is very encouraging, hopefully others will have as much success with other dealerships as you have had with Rocky Mountain, and Pearl white is a beautiful color too.

    SIW Junie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Whittany! I love you! xoxo -Britt

    ReplyDelete