Sunday, April 28, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1219 Joyce Oliphant

                                                     


Growing up in Northern Ohio, the 3rd of 4 kids. I was very much of a tomboy. Playing baseball, football, badminton and climbing trees with my brothers. In high school, I ran track.

I have always had a special connection with animals. At the age of 4, I found 3 beagle puppies and an adult St Barnard. My mom said she was afraid the St Barnard would hurt me since it was much bigger than me. The owner of the St Barnard walked up and asked my mom to keep me away from the dog, that he was very aggressive and didn’t like kids. My mom said, well, she slapped the dog on the nose and told it to stay, and it did. From that moment on, my mom said I would have a life with animals.

 In 1987, I rode on the back of my husband's motorcycle and  wanted my own. Making my want a reality, I purchased my own bike and have been riding since then.

When I learned the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge raises money for Indian reservations, it just warmed my heart. After learning I am more Indian then anything else, I want to be a part of something so awesome. Being at the end of the ride in 2022, everyone there was willing to help each other in every way possible. Sitting and talking to Blackie and John Levin


made me feel like part of the family. I like being a part of a family of members like them. I'm competitive and like challenges, believing the Hoka Hey will be one of my greatest challenges for a worthy cause. 


My charity will either be for helping find service animals for our Veterans, or for the Indian reservation of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment