Monday, April 29, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1131 Jimmy Burns


My name is Jimmy Burns and my road name is “Taco.” I was born and raised in Midland Arkansas and moved to Mississippi in 1994. I have 3 fabulous kids, Payton, Allison and Jax and married to the love of my life and Pillion Toni Burns. My favorite past time is riding my motorcycles and being outdoors. I am a Freemason and branded Widows Son and act as the current Secretary for my Mississippi Chapter, Solomons Iron Knights.


I discovered the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge though the Annual Taco Run in 2022. My good friends Mark & Karen Campbell invited Toni and I along on the ride to Medicine Park and when we arrived I saw all the “Hoka Hey” cuts being worn and inquired what that was, as I had no idea. I spoke to and got to meet several of the Hoka Hey family while I was there and learned a lot about what it was. Of course, I then started following the challenge closely on social media, and followed the 2022 Hoka Hey Challenge very closely. This is when the Challenge called to me, drawing me to enter my name into the hat for the 2024 challenge. I made it through the interviews and got accepted to ride the 2024 challenge as rider #1131. I know it sounds funny, but just being accepted to ride in the challenge with all the veteran Hoka Hey and long distance riders was mind blowing, and took me a minute for it to sink in that I was going to be able to ride it. I then made arrangements to travel to Eagle Nest New Mexico in 2023 for the meet and greet there and again met a lot of challengers and learned a lot about what I needed to do to prepare. And then again in 2023, we made the trip to Medicine Park  for the Annual Taco Run and now felt like I actually fit in with the group, as I had now made several acquaintances and friends over the last year. Since then, I have kept up with the Hoka Hey riders and friendships I have made since the adventure started and are now less than 4 months to the starting line! I can’t wait….



My charity to support is Mile Monsters Inc. I discovered the charity organization when I started following Riot in the 2022 Hoka Hey. I looked him up on social media and started following his journey, and what the cause was that he was riding for. We knew right away that this was an organization that we wanted to be part of, helping kids live their best lives. As a Freemason and Shriner myself, helping kids hits me deep to my core. Once we started following, we made plans to meet some of the boys, and traveled northeast and met Drew at his home. We got to hear his story from him and his parents and sister and knew we had made the right decision. Drew inspired us even more and is a huge part of why we continue to support Mile Monsters Inc. We also got the opportunity to meet another DMD boy, Ethan Pyles while on that trip and formed a good relationship with him. Ethan is very knowledgeable on DMD and is a great advocate for the disease. I had the honor of traveling to Texas for Gaven’s Texas Tour Premier and met him and his family as well as continuing to form that bond with the Mile Monsters and Hoka Hey Riders.  Over the past 2 years I have gotten to meet Riot, Hop, Twister, Wrongway, Mooney, Frank Orlando and several other monsters (forgive me if I left ya out) along the way. All who just reassured us that this was the organization to support. We know where the funds are going, and that is to support our current 5 hero’s, Turbo, Goat , Alfie, Jack & Drew on their fight against DMD. We will continue to support this charity long after the Hoka Hey Challenge.

 


Get out and do something Epic, and “Be The Example.”

~Taco

No comments:

Post a Comment