Saturday, April 20, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1179 Danielle Stansell

My name is Danielle “PopOff” Stansell, I am originally from Los Angeles, California and currently reside in Bavaria, Germany. I am currently at year 20 in the United States Army and look forward to retiring in the near future. I have been riding motorcycles since the age of 16, just over 23 years and currently own both a 2010 Harley Davidson Road Glide and a 2018 Harley Davidson Road King Special. 

I have not always rode Harley’s, I actually started out on a Suzuki GSXR650 and GSXR1000. I graduated
from sports bikes about 11 years ago when I realized it would be far more comfortable to travel long
distances on a cruiser. I have had the privilege of riding to Cabo San Lucas in 2019 and riding the lower
48 states in a single ride in 2022, I think those were a couple of my more memorable solo rides. I am not
going to say I am an adventure junkie, but I will say that outside of scuba diving, riding a motorcycle and
exploring new places are my favorite things to do. So far since living in Europe I have travelled through 8
countries and counting!
I wanted to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge to be able to further improve upon seldom
utilized means of travelling. While I already carry a tent in my saddlebag during my travels and put it up
as needed, being able to take part of an adventure that will allow you to see more of back roads than
highways will give the opportunity to see the things I may have missed otherwise seems like the perfect
adventure. The word challenge in and of its self is something that will be an amazing accomplishment to
achieve once able to cross the finish line. This challenge will put me in the presence of so many other
riders that love riding long distances and I hope to be able to learn new tricks and new tools I’ll be able
to use along my journey.
The non-profit organization that I have elected to support is “Stop Soldier Suicide”. This
particular organization is something that is near to my heart because after being in the military for an
extended period of time and having been deployed several times throughout the world, I unfortunately
have grieved the loss of fellow service members at the cost of suicide. The risk of Soldier Suicide is
much higher than those that have not served and I feel that efforts made to support those in need to
help combat suicide among-st my battle buddies is needed. The money raised will help in providing
mental health support and Education to those at risk of suicide whether they are active service
members, veterans and family members from every branch of service regardless of the discharge status.
Sponsors:
Evolve Clothing Brand http://www.instagram.com/_just_evolve_
Fundraising Link:https://www.paypal.com/donate?campaign_id=NMMAL4Z6GZC2J

No comments:

Post a Comment