Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1213 Ryan Brady


 My name is Ryan Brady, I live in the greater Spokane, Wa. area. I enjoy outside activities like
riding motorcycles and building things. I’m married to a beautiful loving wife, we have 5
grown children and 4 grandchildren. I have worked in the electrical industry for 34 years
around the Pacific Northwest.
I heard about long distance riding listening to the Wild Ass Podcast. Craig has interviewed
many of the top LD riders and just listening to their stories intrigued me. I took notes from
various interviews and Google searched my way to the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. I have always
wanted to do something that others thought was nuts and is considered epic. I think this
motorcycle challenge will fit the bill and will test my skills.


I am a passionate supporter of the Spokane Fantasy Flight event and Northwest North Pole
Adventures organization that brings this event to life each year. For 27 years, Northwest North Pole Adventures has provided impoverished and at-risk children with a day of joy and
safety by leveraging the magic of Christmas. Upon their arrival at the North Pole, over 250
Elves and Guards bring celebration and much-needed essentials to these little ones. The
high point of their day includes a trip to sit with Santa on his sleigh and receive the bag of
gifts that Santa has selected for them from their actual wish list. At the end of their evening,
the visiting children and I listen as Mrs. Claus reads “The Polar Express” by American
author Chris Van Allsburg reminding everyone of the spirit of giving and the magic of belief.
It is at that moment that I am reminded that my Hoka Hey challenge is like the challenges
experienced by these children. I ride for the more than sixteen hundred (1600) children that
have been embraced by this event.


No comments:

Post a Comment