Sunday, April 28, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1167 Kendall Hayley

 


I'm Kendall Hayley, a 53-year-old Texan with 34 years of marriage and twin daughters, leading a fulfilling life in Fort Worth. My career spans 30 years in the funeral industry, managing logistics in burial products. Passionate about family, God, and community service, my wife and I have served in various church leadership roles for the past 30 years.
Motorcycles and horses have been pivotal in shaping my life's journey. From thrilling childhood motorcycle escapades to immersing myself in the ranching lifestyle, the symbiotic bond between horses and the open road has imparted invaluable life lessons. Since 2009, I've indulged my adventurous spirit by traversing our vast country, fostering a deep appreciation for long-distance endurance riding along the way.
Discovering the Hoka Hey Motorcyle Challenge at Daytona Bike Week in 2011, I admired extreme distance riders. Recent involvement in the Iron Butt Association confirmed my readiness for the challenge. My expectation is to finish the Hoka Hey Challenge, facing spiritual, mental, and physical tests. Expecting a journey of self-discovery, learning, and growth. My life motto, "Go Fast, Do Stupid Stuff," reflects my belief in acting swiftly on God's calling, even when others may not understand and believe it to be ”stupid”. Now, I'm answering the call to embark on the Hoka Hey Challenge, trusting in God's guidance.
I'm supporting S.T.E.P.S With Horses during my Hoka Hey Journey because:
  • Lost my brother to suicide after years of struggles.
  • Held leadership roles addressing mental health barriers in youth programs.
  • Served as a Youth Pastor for 5 years, leading students with anxiety, depression, and suicidal tendencies.
  • Ranching background working with horses and as a farrier.
  • Over 30 years in the death care industry, providing burial products throughout the Mid and Southwest.
STEPS with Horses connects licensed therapy with horses for innovative mental health support, focusing on veterans and at-risk teenagers. This non-profit offers free services to veterans and their families. Learn more about STEPS with Horses STEPS With Horses - Equine Assisted Counseling and Psychotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment