Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1118 Greg Oliver

 


My name is Greg Oliver I am married to my wife Jenny of 32 years. We have two boys and 3 grandkids. I
have always been an avid outdoors person with hunting and sports. As a young man, I started out riding
dirt bikes and raced them through high school. Raising our boys we would all hunt pheasant, quail, dove
and deer together. Guiding my wife and boys hunting was a natural progression to eventually start
guiding on the side with pheasant hunts for others. As my boys graduated high school and left the house
I got back into riding a motorcycle and encouraged my wife to learn to ride her own. Now we ride
together and love to travel as often as we can in the spring summer and fall. Our goal is to ride in all
lower 48 states, and we have no doubt we will have that accomplished sooner than later.


I want to ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge to challenge myself and see what I can do and not do. The endurance that I have seen others go through has enticed me to do this for myself. I like to ride my motorcycle as it gives me peace of mind and adventure in life.


The non-profit I have chosen is Mile Monsters Inc. who support boys who have DMD. We are not the
heroes they wanted; we are the monsters they needed. Riding for others in the hope of helping some
kids live their best life. Raising money and awareness one mile at a time. I chose this non-profit as I have
a choice to do so when these boys did not have a choice in fighting this battle with this illness. I want to
be a part of helping them live the best life that they can while they are here on this earth. The money
will be used for medical expenses, medications, and anything that the boys need to accommodate them
as they go through different stages of life and DMD. This could be wheelchair ramps, wheelchairs,
accommodations to their homes to accommodate wheelchairs etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment