Sunday, April 28, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1180 Forest Leas


I was born January 17,1961 at USMC Base Camp Pendleton, California. We moved to
Veedersburg, Indiana in 1963. I grew up in Veedersburg Indiana. Veedersburg has a history
with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corporation. On September 14, 1909, the
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corp. contracts with the Wabash Clay Co. which was
located-in Veedersburg for 3,200,000 brick pavers. The first time I can remember riding was
when my dad would take me a ride on his Cushman Scooter. I got my first motorcycle when
I was 10 years old for Christmas. It was a Yamaha 60. I had a couple other motorcycles and
started riding my dad’s 450 Honda when I turned 15 years old. I got a 550 Honda of my own
and rode it until I graduated high school. Went to work for GM out of high school. I bought a
77 Honda Goldwing that summer. I took my first solo trip to West Virginia that summer. The
summer of 1980 my dad asked if I wanted to ride out to see my uncle in Oregon. My dad
didn’t even have a motorcycle, but he bought a 750 Honda and within 2 weeks we were off.
We left Veedersburg Indiana rode to Waldport Oregon. Stayed with my uncle for 10 days
and headed south to Carlsbad California and then back to Veedersburg. We were gone for
29 days. I moved to West Columbia, South Carolina that year and got married. My next
motorcycle trip I rode my first 1000-mile day from West Columbia to Albany, NY. A couple of
years later I sold my Goldwing and did not ride for the next 23 years. I got divorced in 2008
and bought my first Harley Davidson. A 2007 Rode King Classic. In 2017 I found my current
bike. A 2011 Road Glide. I got married to Lisa Paugsch in 2019.


 

My wife and I rode to the Sturgis rally that year. In August 2020 we rode to Yellow Stone and on our way back to South Carolina we stop to get gas in Conyers, GA. We fill up and pulled up next to another bikerand parked to get a drink. We came out and started talking to this other guy who had been
riding that day. His name is Kory Wilson Hoka Hey #1001 and he started telling us about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. We must have talked for an hour. We told him we were heading east and so was he. So, we rode out together for a short distance.


Riding the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge will be a unique experience. Not only do you get to ride your motorcycle across this beautiful country. You get to ride for a charity of your own choosing to help other people. The ride alone will be a great experience and to raise money for the charity I choose to help other people in need will be a great accomplishment.

 The charity I chose is Cancer of many Colors.
• Offering support to all cancer patients, regardless of race, gender, age, ethnicity,
national origin, and socioeconomic status to all counties in South Carolina. Small
Gift Program was created to help patients undergoing treatment that cannot work
needing help with basic living expenses such as rent, utility bills, food, car payment,
and transportation to and from treatment.
• Giving HOPE to families through financial assistance from our Small Gift Program to
help patients undergoing treatment that cannot work needing help with basic living
expenses. Bringing awareness to our communities that we are all a link in the chain
of HOPE and cancer impacts all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment