Monday, April 29, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1159 Tim Dickerson


 Tim Dickerson here, on the road though, I’m more commonly known as Loko. I’ve been riding motorcycles for 15 years and only in the last few have I been dabbling in the long distance genre of riding. I find it exhilarating and incredibly enjoyable to cover so many miles, terrains, and climates in such a short time period. Over the last decade and a half I’ve owned several different Harley Davidson motorcycles but the bike that I’ll be riding in the 24’ Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is a 2023 Road Glide Limited bearing my rider number 1159. 


For me, the Hoka Hey is about two things, 1) challenging myself; 2) doing charitable things while doing it like fundraising. If it wasn’t a challenge, would it be worth doing? And if it wasn’t, there’d have to be some other mechanism for raising money. The combination of such an incredible quest to find ones self and overcome difficult obstacles for the sake of serving a greater purpose and not for ones self is the reason I applied for a rider number. 


I’m thankful I was chosen to be able to participate and raise money for charity. This year I’ll be doing double duty as I will be raising money for the Wildland Firefighter Foundation, while simultaneously riding every single day of 2024 for kids with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and the Mile Monsters Inc.. While the Wildland Firefighter Foundation helps and supports the families of firefighters killed in the line of duty through their tragedy, the Mile Monsters help young kids with DMD live their best life by doing epic shit. Both charities are fitting as I once was a Wildland Firefighter and have seen the effects of a loss of a fireman, but I also love doing epic shit. Perfect combination. I’m looking forward to all the people I’ll meet and experiences I’ll have during the challenge and am beyond thankful to have been chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment