Sunday, June 16, 2024

Meet The Rider # 946 Mary Abbott


I am so excited to be able to participate in the 2024 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. The first time I participated and finished was in the 2018 challenge. It was everything I was told it would be and more. It was a very personal and spiritual journey. At times, definitely not for the faint of heart. My favorite part of the challenge was having the opportunity to ride through this beautiful country of ours on mainly secondary roads. The routes we traveled were extremely technical and required total concentration thereby putting my skills to the test. One of the most challenging aspects of the ride was many days relying on only four or five hours sleep and always trying to ride my best ride. Knowing my limitations and never riding beyond. One of the proudest moments of my life was crossing the finish line with one of my Harley-Davidson Riding Academy students where I’ve been an instructor for 13 years. To share that accomplishment was awesome! The camaraderie between all of the riders was incredible. It has created friendships that will last a lifetime. I am super excited to be riding in the 2024 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment