Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1173 Gary Ranne


My name is Gary. I am not much of a writer, but I am a follower of Jesus, a husband, a father, a grandfather a veteran and many more things, just ask my wife 😊 I have been doing support of one sort or another my entire career. I did avionics in the USAF on the F-111, have been a support engineer in robotics, telecommunications, and have been doing software support for Microsoft since 1995. I currently lead a team of support engineers. In my spare time I like to follow many of my passions: riding motorcycles, camping, traveling, woodworking, and renovating/remodeling my house. My most recent pursuit is to get my certifications as a master life coach because there is nothing that excites me more than helping others grow and achieve their goals.


 

It has been a long journey to the Hoka hey Motorcycle Challenge for me, here is an article I wrote about it From Suicidal to the Hoka Hey: MY STORY of Survival, Rescue and Adventure - Ranne Adventures (ranneon2wheels.com). I have struggled with depression my entire life and in January of 2022 I was losing the battle. I wound up having to be hospitalized and was diagnosed with several issues. That was a turning point for me. I was put on meds and a couple of different treatments. Shortly after I came back to work, I was talking to a teammate of mine about the things I wish I could do before I got too old to do them, one of which was the Hoka Hey. My friend shot down every excuse I had and encouraged me to reach for my dream now instead of waiting. Of course, I had to wait until the new rider sign-up opened. As soon as it did, I put my name in the hat. I was so excited when I found out that I was accepted! You see, my time on the motorcycle during long trips has always been a time of solitude with God for me. I can’t wait to see what God is going to show and teach me on this part of my journey.

 



I have themed my ride as “Riding for the Children, Born and Yet to Be”.  I am working to raise awareness and money for three different organizations that are special for me.

    The International Justice Mission (IJM): IJM is dedicated to fighting against human trafficking, modern-day slavery, and other forms of injustice. Their tireless efforts bring hope and freedom to those who need it most.
    Mid Cities Women's Clinic: Supporting women’s health and empowerment, Mid-Cities Women’s Clinic provides essential services, education, and resources to women in our community.
    Blue Haven Ranch: Blue Haven Ranch is a sanctuary for courageous women that care for their children in challenging, complex situations. They help with Living Space, Discipleship and Farm Therapy.

To donate to any of the above charities, please go to their site and make the donation directly to them in honor of Gary Ranne. This will allow them to track how much we raise so I can let everyone know the impact that we made when we are done.


 

If you would like to financially assist me, you can Zelle money directly to ranneon2wheels@outlook.com, or send me an email to garyra@outlook.com and we can set up another way for you to help.

Learn More and Follow My Journey here at RanneOn2Wheels.com to stay updated on my training, preparations, and the ride itself.

Remember, the site is still under construction, but I promise to share all the exciting updates as they unfold.

Let’s ride together for a better world!  Feel free to connect with me, and let’s make a positive impact!

 

Thanks,

Gary Ranne

Rider #1173


No comments:

Post a Comment