Thursday, June 6, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1230 Patrick Williams


My name is Patrick Williams Rider 1230 U.S. Navy retired. I have been riding 14 years and love to get in the saddle, go kickstand up and ride to nowhere and anywhere. I am fully retired now after 43 years working on several aircraft.  I worked on F-14 Tomcat engines and fuel systems. Also Gulfstream GIV, GV, and G550, where I worked on everything but avionics. My wife Debbie of over 40 years has encouraged me to do what I love as long as she can ride with me. We have made the trip from Jacksonville to Sturgis twice in 22 & 23 and to the Hoka Hey rendezvous in Eagle Nest. I had a major health scare in 2021 after moving to Florida. Doctors saved my life and got my heart working properly. I learned that life is way too short to say one day I want to do this or that because that day may never come.



I found out about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from some of our HOG members when they rode the 2022 ride. I love a great challenge after my time in the Navy and working the Flight Deck of 3 Aircraft Carriers.  I missed the adventure and discovering new things; so my wife has encouraged me to ride the Hoka Hey and pushes me to train and ride. I love to see new places and do new things and to help people any way I can. After traveling all over the world to places most people wouldn’t even dream about; it is now time to see all the beauty that our great country has to offer.



The charity I am riding for in the Hoka Hey is the Navajo Water Project ( Navajowaterproject.org) to help bring clean drinking water to the homes of these great people. 1 in 3 homes on the reservation does not have running water in the home. There is not enough being done to help. I feel the government has failed them.  We should help as much as we can. I am looking forward to riding with my fellow brothers and sisters and meeting everyone in Daytona and Homer, Alaska. Hoka Hey 2024 Ride Hard, Ride Safe don’t Die.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment