Sunday, June 9, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1228 Peter Lyle


Hi, my name is Peter “PayDro” Lyle; Rider #1228, I was born and raised in Florida (yes, Florida Man is a real thing). I’m a Navy veteran, dog father, and motorcycle enthusiast. I’ve been riding for about 21 years, and have over 65K miles on my current bike, a 2014 Victory Cross Roads. I currently work at Patrick Space Force Base on the East Coast of Florida, and I ride with the Green Knights Military Motorcycle Club, where we promote our military values, as well as safe riding practices. I’ve ridden as far west as Texas, and as far north as Pennsylvania, and I am VERY excited to explore other parts of this great nation that I haven't yet visited by motorcycle.



 
I learned about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from my childhood friend, Steve “Bad Biker Karaoke (BBK)” Davis #954. In 2021, he told me a bit about the HHMC, and suggested that we “ride out for  tacos” in Medicine Park, and meet all the great people from the HHMC community, which we did. The people I spoke to told many stories about the rides, and the adventures along the way. But what really attracted me to the Challenge was the family atmosphere of everyone I met. I was welcomed as if I was a long lost friend. They told me detailed stories about their travels, and how the challenge changed their lives, as well as the many things that they learned about themselves along their journeys. It was then that I knew I needed to tackle this challenge as a part of my life experience.



 
The charity that I have chosen to raise money for is Veteran’s K9 Solutions (VK9S). I have chosen them because, as a veteran and dog-father, they are an organization that combine two of my passions in life: Military Veterans and shelter dogs, and the rehabilitation of both. VK9S is run by veterans with the same passion that I have. They bring canines and veterans together by rehabilitating shelter dogs and training them to be Certified Service dogs for with veterans with emotional or physical needs. Their goal is simple: rehabilitate a canine to rehabilitate a veteran. In their words: "Saving Two Lives at One Time."
Looking forward to the ride!
Sincerely,
Peter "PayDro" Lyle

 




No comments:

Post a Comment