Saturday, June 15, 2024

Meet The Rider # 1215 Chris Paxson


I fell in love with motorcycles as a kid in the early 1970s undoubtedly because of the rides with my Dad on his 1966 FLH. I spent 20 years in the Army, traveling worldwide, and continue to work closely with the Department of Defense helping solve some of their more challenging technical problems. I'm married to my Wife Ann who also served 20 years in the Army. Ann and I raised our 4 amazing kids together. Two of our daughters are currently serving in the US Army, one daughter works as a manager in retail and our son works for the city of Tampa. My family has always been supportive of my motorcycle addictions and tendency to take off for days on long rides. I thank them for that.




I was initially attracted to the physical and dangerous challenge of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. However, when I read about Jim Red Cloud’s vision, A Good Day to Die,  and the type of man he was, participating in the HHMC became more of a calling to my soul than a physical challenge. If I have to explain how this ride calls to my soul you probably wouldn't understand and that is ok.

HunterSeven Foundation is a veteran-founded, 501(c)(3) organization focusing on preventing and detecting cancer. HunterSeven Foundation conducts research on military exposures among post-9/11 veterans and educates the veteran and healthcare population on critical health information relating to their exposures.



I chose HunterSeven Foundation because most service members place their health concerns on the back burner to make sure they are available for the next mission. This mindset comes at a cost and today I want to help serve those who are paying the price and prevent the new generation of service members from having to do so. I will donate all money raised to the HunterSeven Foundation to help with its mission of preventing and detecting cancer at its earliest stages through rigorous research, comprehensive education, and accessible medical screening programs.



HunterSeven.org






No comments:

Post a Comment