Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Meet The Rider # 1052 Derek Iltis

This is my 2nd Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge. Rode my first Hoka Hey in 2022. I listened to a retired Navy Seal giving me his story about riding his Hoka Hey and after he passed away, I decided to ride the Hoka Hey in his honor. Hooyah Retired Master Chief, SEAL Mike Martin.


Me: Age 62, Male, US Navy Deep Sea Diver, Retired. Currently working for US Navy as a Government
Civilian. Married to a wonderful Red Head. I have two children remaining (daughter and son). We
currently live in Norfolk Virginia. I speak several languages some fluently (French, Italian, Spanish,
a little Greek, a little German, and some Chinese, Thai and Japanese (enough to order a beer and
say ‘thank you and you’re welcome’).


I was born and raised abroad and after graduating from Secondary School with my ‘O’ Levels
(Scottish way of saying ‘graduating High School’) left Europe for the USA for the first time (1980) at
the tender age of 18, when I joined the US Navy in Holy Loch Scotland. I attended US Navy
bootcamp in Orlando and after 20 years of honorable service retired in 2000. I’ve lived in France,
Holland, Scotland, Hawaii, Sardegna, Indian Head Maryland, San Diego and Norfolk VA.


I’ve been riding a motorcycle off and on since 1969 and loving every moment of the Journey. I
currently own a HD 2021 Electra Glide and love my ride. The Hoka Hey: The best part of this journey are the friends you make along the way. I’ve travelled the World but have yet to see the USA in all its splendor and glory. Riding the Hoka Hey will allow me to see much more of this beautiful country of ours, including Canada. Get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment