Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Meet The Rider Rob Keller # 299



To tell you about myself is a reflection or image of most Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenger's. This will be my third attempt at completing the challenge. I have been to the finish line twice while riding the challenge but I have had to go off course because of time management and break downs. 
 I competed in the first challenge in 2010 and spent three days broke down. I still managed to ride 10,500 miles in 14 days. I crossed the finish line but had to change my course. That was the greatest adventure of my life having to overcome many obstacles that cold have stopped me. I kept riding on due to pure determination to get to the finish. 

Im a self employed contractor and  singer, song writer that performs 100 or more shows a year. I live near Pittsburgh Pa. I enjoy riding motorcycles with my wife of 30 years Karen. We take at 
least one good long ride together each year.

I have countless 
memories from the Hoka Hey Challenge that have changed my life. I have also talked to many riders that say that they want to take the challenge some day. All I can say is I'm very blessed to have a third opportunity to ride. Everything in life has to line up for most people that are still in the work force but you first have to say I'm doing this and I'm  going to do whatever it takes to make it happen. 

I want to ride the 10 year anniversary of the Hoka Hey Challenge in honor of the memory of my dear friend Jim Red Cloud. Jim had a dream and created this challenge for many good reasons. I don't have anything but respect and love for Jim and his wife Beth who have instrumentally put together a motorcycling dynasty. Imagine riding your motorcycle day after day on a journey that takes you to places that are so beautiful that they take your breath away. Every turn you are chasing the next point of interest but every mile you are greeted with all of the splendor that our creator has gifted all of mankind to behold.

I have chosen to raise awareness of the great warriors of the United States Of America that find themselves homeless. Many live under the bridges and struggle to get to a place where they can be truly happy. No veteran of our armed forces should be homeless. I will be hosting a concert on July 12 at JBs Roadhouse in Tarentum Pennsylvania. All proceeds will be given to the Homeless Vets Ride Charity. I will also be accepting mileage pledges from anyone that would like to contribute to the Homeless Vets where each mile I ride will bring hope to those less fortunate. Two words that should not be in the same sentence. Homeless Vets.

Also on June 6 I will be taking riders on a two day Hoka Hey adventure ride. This ride will give riders a small taste of what the true Hoka Hey Challenge is all about.I invite anyone that is interested in supporting my choice charity to go to robkeller61@yahoo.com for more information.


The clock keeps ticking. It wont stop for me. Another day flies by and the past will soon be. So live for the moment not for the day. Time is so precious. Don't let it slip away!



No comments:

Post a Comment