Monday, March 16, 2020

Meet The Rider Lynn LePelley # 278

Most of the questions for the bio are super easy – especially since I am one of the returning riders, having already done the original Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge 10 years ago.
I am one of these old geezers who have been riding for well over ½ a century. I got a late start though, because my mother hated motorcycles and wouldn’t let me go near one ‘till I was over 21. So riding, like many other things, was forbidden fruit until I was “of age”, and I made sure I did all the forbidden things in large amounts.
What I do for fun - - Have been retired for many years, but my lack of a regular job only increases my other activities. I flew hang gliders for about 35 years, from the time that the sport started ‘till about 8 years ago. These days I spend a significant amount of my time playing music in various venues, and enjoy the guitar almost as much as the bike. I also read to the kids at a child care center, and do some missions with the Patriot Guard Riders.

The “why” part of the bio is the easiest. As before, I look forward to completing a large riding event, while helping to raise money for the North Plains Indians.
I have been given no advice.
I heard about the HHMC 10 years ago on the Web. Perhaps Beth can provide better info in this regard.
I’ve only done the original (and the upcoming)
My favorite part is completion of the whole.
My most difficult trial was riding 860 miles on the last day, in the Yukon and Alaska.





No comments:

Post a Comment