Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Meet The Director of Rider Relations Junie Rose # 383

For me this all started in 2010 with a vision to ride to Alaska. Fast forward 10Yrs. and 7 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenges later,  what a way to celebrate my 60th birthday. I have the very fun job as DRR of interviewing riders and helping them get questions answered they may have.


 The common thread that runs through most of the applicants is they are looking for like minded riders. Long distance but not jumping on the interstates, technically challenging roads that take you the scenic routes, roughing it next to your steed to sleep getting just a taste of what it might feel like to be homeless. Building a better more compassionate outlook on the less fortunate by taking on a fund raising effort and using the 10K mile challenge as a catalyst to their efforts.

I like not only being a board member but also a rider. I asked the route planners not to share info about the route in our group text because I don't want any more of an advantage over other riders. I want to have to figure the directions out just like everyone else.  Probably how I earned the name Wrong Way Junie.


Another fun responsibility I have is helping the riders with this BLOG. Some are my words, others theirs. They are asked to share what they like to do for fun besides ride, why the want to ride the challenge and who they are going to help. The ability to reach globally with internet efforts really helps the rider. SO I hope you enjoy reading about our returning riders and the ones who have decided to take this on for the first time. Encourage them with your comments and follow us this August as US Fleet Tracking will continue to help us bring this to your computer.

Hoka Hey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment