Monday, March 2, 2020

Meet The Director of Operations Beth Durham



Beth I was born in Ft. Sill, OK and was not only and “Army Brat” but a “Preacher’s Kid” and finally a “Shrink’s Daughter”!  Some might think this would mean I’m crazy but, what it really means is that I am strong…  Strong enough to hike the entire Appalachian Trail, strong Navy veteran.

          Motorcycling has played a huge part of my life for over 40 years and has influenced who and what I am today.  Through the years, Jim and I owned several businesses, along with real estate investments and other ventures.  And, I am a proud Navy veteran; having served from ’92 to ’98.  Still, there is almost nothing that can rival the creation and promotion of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge.  This event is the result of Jim’s inspiration and my determination.  I’ve always known that hard work and perseverance is necessary in order to get by in this world and the HHMC has demanded that of both it’s riders as well as its founders!!

          Since Jim passed away in 2017, I have had to rely on every ounce of strength and determination I could muster.  Still…  In my weaker moments, it has been my family – both my biological family and my Hoka Hey family – that has carried me through. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment