Sunday, April 12, 2020

Meet The Rider Reg Aldridge # 850

My name is Reg Aldridge, I am a 55-year old native South African, and now living in Florida. Motorcycles are my passion and outside of riding I spend much time traveling back to the old country, and sailing. This will be my third event.  I want to ride the 2020 Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge   to raise funds for the less fortunate, challenge myself and my own riding abilities, improve upon my prior performances, and rekindle the camaraderie and friendships with fellow HHMC riders. In addition, I get to see some of the most beautiful places in America.

I am a returning rider so I now understand the challenges all too well. I lost my dear friend, Joe Finck, along the way in 2018. My 2020 ride is going to be part memorial for me. Long distance riding is a specialized activity and you have to push yourself to your limits to complete the challenge safely. Ride within your own limits, the challenge is only within yourself. I have taken time away from my business activities to ride the HHMC. I met Beth and Jim at their HHMC display in Sturgis in 2015 and was intrigued by the challenge. Hoka Hey is about empowering others to overcome obstacles that have physically, mentally or financially challenged them and know they are not in it alone. I wanted to be part of this calling to test my own strength of character.


My favorite part of the challenge is definitely the interaction with the fellow participants whilst seeing the most beautiful parts of America, and experiencing some of the most beautiful rides the country has to offer, all whilst knowing that you are having fun for a greater cause. At all the bike rallies that I attend, I am an ambassador for the HHMC and promote the Challenge for all the good that it’s about – this is not just another long distance ride. This is the greatest motorcycle challenge on earth.

                                                                                                                                                 American Cancer Society was chosen by me because this nationwide voluntary health organization brings hope to patients in their fight against cancer.






No comments:

Post a Comment