Thursday, April 16, 2020

Meet The Rider Kenneth Andrews # 863


Since I’ve averaged over 81,000 miles a year over the last 5 years I guess it’s easy enough to figure riding IS what I do for fun. 
Riding the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge is one of the best Long  Distance Challenge’s available to check ones mettle and learn about ones own self identity. Coming back to see family is a plus plus as well. 
 Arriving alive at the finish is one of my biggest goals for this event, with 2 events and 2 totaled ponies I plan to up my focus and overall total awareness. 
 I’ve not received a lot of advice on how I should ride the HH, but I’ve given plenty and one such piece is to stay within yourself and don’t get caught up in chasing the storm..
  Being my third HH I’ve had to overcome many things that have altered my path during this journey with my ego being one of them. 
I was at an Iron Butt Association event in ‘16 where I met Eric, John and Gabe- They sucked me right in with their stories of the Challenge. 
 Considering all the IBA Challenges I’ve ridden it was like a no-brainer or even a natural order of events for me in the LD World. 
 As part of this years event I started a campaign to raise funds for Fisher House- Help omg families heal- A charity that provides housing for our Veteran’s families close to their loved one while they recover and rehabilitate. 
https://fisherhouse.org/


 This will be my third Hoka Hey (‘16-‘18) and I hope it’s just as enlightening as the as the previous two. I’m ready to be back among that part of my family that makes me feel at home. I love our community and the time spent with fellow HH riders is beyond compare. I also intend to put safety at a higher premium during this event. Arriving alive is not just a slogan with this incredibly dangerous undertaking!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment