Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Meet The New Rider William Ryan # 895


    When I am not riding, I can be found camping and cooking in Dutch Ovens, enjoying a campfire meal. Now that I have ridden a Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge my  favorite part of the challenge is the sense of brother/sisterhood that is created among riders.   Reading the bio's of previous riders that accomplished this challenge. Realizing that it would only be a mechanical failure that I couldn't finish.


   For me it's a personal challenge.  I remember it was day 5 of the ride, I just didn't want to be on the bike anymore, I know I would have a day that would challenge me of how much I wanted to complete this challenge.I had expectations of being a finisher, realize that it's not a race, but a challenge of your fortitude. Stay hydrated, always, Ride Your Ride!

   
    I am riding for SU2C "Stand Up 2 Cancer". I have lost my sister and father to cancer. I have survived the fight 3 times against cancer. What I like about SU2C is that all donations, 100%, goes to research. I ride that someday most, if not all cancers will be cured.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment