Thursday, April 9, 2020

Meet The Rider Bruce Rimes # 844


 I was a Locomotive Engineer for the I C Railroad for 42 yrs. Retired in Sept 2019. When not riding I spend time with my better half. Also like to weld and piddle with wood.
I ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge to see if I have what it takes to finish and I enjoy all the great scenery. This will be my third one. I would love to finish without incident. LOL

 "RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE!" from my dear Brother, Blackie has been the best advice I have ever been give from a rider. I know my wife will probably be glad for me to be out of her hair for awhile. LOL I heard about the challenge from my riding Brothers,  Joe Lacey and Shannon McKinley.  They finished the 2014 Hoka Hey Challenge. I love the beauty of the route and being by ones self for two weeks.
Reggie Puckett Jr Foundation is a nonprofit corporation focused on nurturing children with special needs and or illness, and to relieve financial burdens on their families.
Forging breakthroughs to make sure that every child attains the right to survival, protection and development while achieving immediate and lasting changes to their lives.

Some of my favorite things about the HHMC, besides the beauty of the route, it is all of my Hoka Hey Family. You will not find a better group of riders from around the world. I don't think there is any Hoka Hey Riders that would not put me up for a night if I showed up on their doorstep.

One of the toughest days was the 2018 Challenge when I made a wrong turn and went 75 miles off route. I was so disappointed in myself and so fatigued I was hallucinating by the time I got back on the route and stopped for the night. This will be my third challenge. I rode in 2016 and 2018.

 My Charity again this yr is: The Reggie Pucket Jr. Foundation


No comments:

Post a Comment