Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Meet The Rider Charlie Wilson # 883



When I’m not arm deep in grease working on heavy equipment, I like to build stuff out of metal. I built a bed for my grandson using a 1954 Chevy pickup, many fire pits for friends and family.
The best advice for my first Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge in 2018 was to get enough sleep from day one, and don’t over pack.


I want to ride the HHMC again in 2020 after learning from my mistakes in 2018. I’d like to improve on making less wrong turns, quicker gas stops and less sightseeing( that will be the hardest) My Wife Vernice Wilson rider 884 and I would like to make the end of the road party this time around, but finishing comes first.
The biggest obstacle I had was convincing my employer to give me enough time off.
I learned about the HHMC from my wife, she comes up with the craziest ideas.
When I learned about the HHMC what stood out for me was the beautiful roads, landscapes and views the previous riders talked about. I participated in the 2018 challenge, the ride was amazing and lived up to all their stories.
The most difficult time for me during the 2018 challenge was mentally getting over making a 200 mile wrong turn out of Yellowstone. On the bright side we got to enjoy the Teton mountains that were not on the intended map.
I will be supporting the Florida chapter for ALS. I had a friend pass away from it in 2018. This chapter helped him and his family with all the special care he needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment