My name is Ignacio Merani, mostly known as Nacho #964. I've been living in Miami since I came to this country in 2007.
I started riding in 2008 and got into long distance in 2014. I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge during lunch on a ride. A couple of Hoka Hey riders talked about the challenge and all the experiences they went through.
I started riding in 2008 and got into long distance in 2014. I first heard about the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge during lunch on a ride. A couple of Hoka Hey riders talked about the challenge and all the experiences they went through.
They also talked about the Ironbutt Association, the rallies, scavenger hunts and challenges.
That was the spark that got me started. During different events I met other riders but didn't get into the challenge for various reasons.
That was the spark that got me started. During different events I met other riders but didn't get into the challenge for various reasons.
Finally
I was able to participate in 2020. It was really hard, I had never
ridden so many days or so many miles. As others foretold, it was a
life-changing experience.
Despite some mechanical problems and an accident I finished. I rode again in 2022, this time was uneventful, and I finished again.
Despite some mechanical problems and an accident I finished. I rode again in 2022, this time was uneventful, and I finished again.
In 2023 I was accepted in the Ironbutt Rally, became a finisher and got awarded the IBR #656
I rode in 2024 but had to drop out in Oklahoma because a truck rear-ended me. It was very disappointing, but also another lesson learned.
Besides long-distance riding, my other passion is "long-distance running." I run regularly and occasionally complete a marathon, last year, I finished Tokyo and Sydney.
Being part of the Hoka Hey family has been an honor. Every place I go where I see someone with the patches I feel I'm among family.
This is going to be my fourth challenge and hopefully my third finish.
I will see you all at the start line.



No comments:
Post a Comment