Thursday, July 30, 2026

Meet The New Rider # 1327 Tim Butler

 


My name is Tim Butler #1327. I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio and for the last 25 years have been living in Ft. Myers, Florida. I first started riding motorcycles in 1973 with a Yamaha 180 twin I bought for $72.00. This will be my first Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge

 


I feel very fortunate to be participating this year. When I applied in February 2025, I was told my number was so high there was a very slim chance of being included in the 2026 challenge. A week or so ago I was contacted and asked if I was still interested. A few days later I’m in!! 

 

 


I first heard of the Hoka Hey Challenge on the internet. Over the years I have done a lot of motorcycle camping and long-distance riding. In 2021 I participated in the Guinness Book world record longest poker run. 

 

Finishing this will be one of the highlights of my motorcycling experiences, a true test of mental and physical stamina. 

 


I  will be supporting the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Boys and Girls Club ..If you care to make a donation you can do it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment