Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Meet The New Rider # 1273 Sandra Combs

 


Hi! My name is Sandra Combs. Most folks know me a “Harley” For nearly five decades, my life has been defined by service. I proudly served my country for more than 20½ years in the United States Army, followed by 26½ years as a Department of Army Civilian (DAC). Throughout my career, I have lived by the Army Values—Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage.  Those values did not end with retirement; they became the foundation for my next mission. I first learned of the Hoka Hey in 2018 after returning from a one-year mobilization tour with my Reserve unit. The hoka hey started and ended in Medicine Park. I was intrigued and needed to know more about the Hoka Hey Challenge of 10,000 miles in 10 days. What it stood for, and the significance behind it.

I learned that the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge was founded by James “Jim” Red Cloud. Hoka Hey was never intended to be just another endurance ride. It is a journey of self-discovery that calls riders to test their spirit, confront adversity, and emerge stronger—not for personal glory, but so they can better serve others. Its mission is to enrich lives through respect, honor, integrity, and compassion; empower individuals through strength, determination, and courage. Jim Red Cloud’s vision is why I want to ride the HHMC.


In August 2026, I will ride the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge on my Harley-Davidson Tri Glide.  This ride is so much bigger than me.  I’m honored to be a proud supporter of the Mile Monsters Inc as my charity. By helping to raise awareness and support the boys affected with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and help lessen the load for their families.. Every mile represents perseverance, every checkpoint reflects commitment, and every sunrise reminds me that life’s greatest adventures begin when we choose purpose over comfort. 

 


 

Please consider donating to Mile Monster to help the boys affected with this disease feel like a hero and put a smile back on their face. Any amount no matter how big or small can make a profound impact on the boy’s life and their families. Thank-You.

 DONATE HERE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment