Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Meet The New Rider # 1238 Bob Snowe


 My name is Bob Snowe and I am rider #1238. I grew up in rural Maine and have been an avid
motorcycle rider from early on. I started on dirt bikes, cutting trails and weaving through tall trees in
every wooded area I could find close to my house. If we weren’t riding, my friends and I would have
been on the lake in anything we could make float.



After high school, I graduated with an engineering degree from the University of Maine. My plan was
to follow in the family business in my small hometown… until a college buddy introduced me to Ft.
Lauderdale, FL. It didn’t take long for me to realize the bright lights and big city life of south Florida
would allow opportunities that I would never be afforded if I stayed in Maine.


 


I ended up settling in Fort Pierce, FL and started my own precast concrete business which I owned
and operated for 37 years. Although running a business takes most of your time and energy, I was
always able to find solace in the outdoors. The dirt bikes turned into Harleys for the long rides and
the Jon boats turned into ocean worthy vessels looking for the bigger fish to fry!


The minute I learned of the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge from friends years ago, I knew I wanted to
participate. I started attending rider events, riding to Oklahoma for the Taco Run a couple of times
and being at the finish line in Pensacola in 2022 to meet and greet the riders. I’ve met the nicest
people and the energy from the group is like no other. I know this is not like any other journey I have
been on in my life, but I am ready to ride to see what challenges I face, and how I adapt to overcome
them.


 


I am riding for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. This a charity both my grandmother and
mother supported throughout their lives and it means a lot to me to do my part.
Bob Snowe

No comments:

Post a Comment