I am Louis, (Louie), Luis Preciado all of the above. Lol
Aka Lone Rider #917 of my 10 siblings I am #7.
I
will be participating in my 5th Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge this year. You've
heard the old saying some people never learn, Well that's not me. I
learned the first time what this Challenge is all about. If you're new
to this Challenge I'm sure you've heard of the Grueling conditions we
are subjected to, A quick run down is an Exel spreadsheet with line by
line Hwy directions for the route we are to take. Must make it to the
next check point to receive the next set of directions. No GPS. No
motels, you sleep by your bike, a tent is allowed. Trackers on our
bikes to keep us safe and honest on our locations.
This year 11,000
miles with a goal of completing within 2 weeks. Averaging 800-900 miles
a day is a good strategy but very hard when we aren't allowed on
Interstates, all secondary roads, Again those are the guidelines and
may sound frightening and challenging, but that's not what this is
about.
I am here again for the
true purpose of the challenge which is to break you down and force you
the face your darkest fears and wrong doings within your life. To quote
our founder Jim Red Cloud "To be built up to be the person God intended
you to be."
We aren't a bunch
of riders crisscrossing the United States we are also encouraged to
pick a charity of our choosing to support. This year I'll be supporting
the MS Society due to personal family reasons. I look forward to
meeting new riders and making friends out on the open road. We affect
strangers all throughout our lives, why not affect them in a positive
way.
"When I leave this World I may not be Rich but I hope to Be Remembered"
Hoka Hey!!
Rider #917



No comments:
Post a Comment