My name is Dale Liechty, rider #1218.
I
grew up in northern Indiana and started riding motorcycles when I was
15 years old. Before long, I was competing in flat track racing, which I
did for five years until it was time to get a “real job.”That
real job became a 28-year career in law enforcement as a police
officer. After retiring, I spent several years overseas training police
officers and sharing the experience I had gained throughout my career.
In
the mid-1990s, I discovered my passion for long-distance motorcycle
riding. Since then, I’ve completed the SCMA Four Corners Tour twice—once
clockwise and once counterclockwise—as well as several Iron Butt rides.
One of my most memorable adventures was riding from Key West, Florida,
to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, with a close friend. In 2017, I also fulfilled a
longtime goal by successfully completing the Iron Butt Rally. I’ve
followed the Hoka Hey Motorcycle Challenge since it first began and
always dreamed of participating. In 2024, that dream became a reality
when I was selected to ride in the Challenge.At
the starting line, I found myself next to Kelly Swihart (#1141), and we
began the journey together. When we reached Key West during the
hurricane, we teamed up with another rider, Gonen Minuskin (#1200). The
three of us rode the remainder of the 2024 Hoka Hey Challenge together,
forming friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
I’m
honored to have the opportunity to ride the 2026 Hoka Hey Motorcycle
Challenge, and I’m especially looking forward to once again sharing the
road with Kelly and reconnecting with old friends while making new ones
along the way.
For
this year’s Challenge, I’ve chosen to support Camp Golden Wing, a
remarkable organization that provides children from Kentucky and Indiana
who are battling cancer with the opportunity to spend a week at camp,
creating joyful memories and simply being kids.Every
dollar I raise will go directly toward helping send more children with
cancer to Camp Golden Wing, giving them an unforgettable week of hope,
friendship, and fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment